Fundraising or Wedding Socials Frequently Asked Questions
What is the cost of the rental?
The hall rental fee is $1750.00 plus GST.
- 2 bartenders
- 2 security staff
- 14 bags of ice
- A maximum of 15 litres of each Pepsi, Diet Pepsi and 7-Up.
What is the capacity of the hall?
For a casual permit (LGA) use, the hall is eligible for 375 guests. This is the maximum number of guests allowed in the hall including the bride and groom. If you chose to sell more than 375 tickets, and more than 373 guests show up the night of the social, you, as the Permit Holder, are responsible for refunding these guests the full price of entry as determined by the LGA.
When can I view the hall?
Our Facility Manager will handle all aspects of the social hall rental with you. Contact the facility manager via e-mail at email@example.com
or call the office at (204) 667 5731 ext 227 for the best times to come and view the hall.
The Facility Manager can advise you on Bronx Policies, available dates, and answer any other questions you may have.
How much deposit is required in advance?
An initial deposit of $500.00 is required at the time of booking.
Bronx Park will also require a post-dated damage deposit cheque in the amount of $300. This damage deposit is held with contract and returned to the renter on the night of the social once all the clean up responsibilities have been fulfilled and the facility is checked for any damages.
The balance of the contract is due one month prior to the social.
I’m serious about booking the hall and setting a date. What’s next?
- Ensure that you have reviewed all of the Bronx Park policies.
- Review the contract (a blank contract is available for viewing online or by request from the Facility Manager).
- Contact the Facility Manager with your selected date. The Manager will then tentatively reserve the date for you and prepare a rental contract. You will then need to return the signed contract with your deposits to have the space reserved for you.
Can we book another room in your facility and" bump up" the capacity for our event?
No sorry. Our policy is that all social events are to be confined to the hall (including silent auction and food service).
We DO NOT allow use of the Hobnobs café, or any other rooms for extra space. No exceptions.
Can I bring my alcohol in advance?
Alcohol is not to be dropped off in advance. We will not be left responsible for your alcohol purchases. Please bring your alcohol at 4:30 pm when you have access to the facility.
Do you allow alcohol outside of the gym?
NO! This would be a violation of your LGA permit. No alcohol is to leave the gym at any time. Our security guards monitor this requirement, although it is the responsibility of the permit holder to be in accordance with the permit. Please assist security in this regard. Signs are posted as a reminder.
Are wristbands needed?
No, but we require that you stamp or wristband the left hand of all guests 18+. As suggested by the LGA we have chosen to stamp/wristband the left hand of those who are over eighteen years of age to ensure compliance with their regulations.
Having a stamp and/or wristband also provides smoother and quicker service at the bar.
Any guest who does not have a stamp and/or wristband will be asked to provide appropriate photo ID to the bartender in order to be served.
The renter must provide the hand stamp or wristband.
When is last call?
Last call for liquor tickets is 12:15 am and last call for alcohol is 12:30 am. The bar closes at 1:00 am.
All patrons, organizers, and bridal parties must be out of the building by 2:00 am. No exceptions. This includes the removal of all items, clean up of the gym and kitchen and removal of all alcohol.
Who completes the room SET UP and CLEAN UP?
You do, with the help of your bridal party, family, and friends. We suggest recruiting a team of volunteers prior to the event - it’s less stressful!
We will complete a basic set up of a few items-in advance of your access at 4:30pm - view the document Social Planning Checklist. This includes the DJ table, ticket table at the door, and bar area set up.
The renter is responsible to set up all chairs and tables for seating. A helpful set-up diagram is provided.
The renter is also responsible to take down all tables and put away all chairs at the end of the social. Bronx staff will provide direction on where equipment goes.
The bar staff will clean up the bar area, and pack up any remaining alcohol for you.
Table cloths are mandatory, and will allow for a speedy clean up. Renters must wipe down tables and chairs where there have been spills.
Is there a particular set up that seems to work best in the space?
It’s your day! Other than the main bar, ticket table and placement table for mix/drinks, feel free to be creative. Your contract indicates a standard set up for your guests. If you’re looking for a suggestion; we might suggest setting up your auction table in the SW corner of the gym. The DJ and dance floor could be at the back of the gym. Along the west wall your DJ has access to power. Tables for your guests are at your discretion. We do ask that the dance floor not be in front of the main bar.
Feel free to ask staff for recommendations. We do many socials in our facility and the standard set up works best!
What sort of tables and chairs do you have?
Rectangular 8ft x 2ft-tables and yellow and grey plastic chairs- enough for 375 people.
Where do you suggest we set up our ticket table?
We suggest setting up the ticket table just inside the gym doors.
Where do we set up the late lunch table?
In the gym, close to the main bar and storage area.
Do you have plates and cutlery for use? For rent?
We do not provide cups, plates, cutlery, etc. We do not have these supplies available for purchase or rent.
Can I use your coffee urns?
Yes, but you will need to bring your own coffee filters and coffee. We ask that you leave the coffee urn clean for the next user. Please bring 4 1⁄2 “ base size coffee filters and your own coffee/tea, creamer, and sugar.
We have coffee available for purchase at $3.00 per packet. This will brew a standard sized pot of coffee like you would make at home. We have portable carafes that you may use for dispensing coffee.
What else should I bring?
Please review our Social Planning Checklist which accompanies your contract for helpful suggestions.
Is there a place to store our personal items during the event?
Yes, we provide you with Dressing Room #3 to store your personal items. A key is provided to ensure personal access. Please give this key to someone you trust! We are not responsible for lost or stolen items once this trusted person has the key. Return the key and remove all items at the end of the event. This includes the removal of all alcohol and associated items.
Do you supply decorations?
No, sorry. You may decorate the room to suit your needs. If you are constructing a trellis, or any other structure it must be approved, prior to bringing it to the hall. Please contact the facility manager.
Sorry, but we DO NOT ALLOW helium balloons, confetti or sparkles in your decorating!! We also DO NOT ALLOW use of candles unless they light by battery.
If putting items on the wall you must use painters tape or sticky tack only. Help us keep our walls looking great! So please no masking tape, pins or clear tape.
Can our DJ set up early?
Your DJ has access to the facility at 4:30pm to set up his equipment. No exceptions.
What are my responsibilities in terms of cleaning up after the social?
- Take down all decorations and put in the garbage bins. Put all large garbage from the floor into garbage bags.
- Remove all personal items, food, and alcohol.
- Take down all tables and chairs after your function and put them in proper storage. Where there have been spills tables and chairs must be wiped down. Bronx staff will provide direction on where to store the equipment.
- Please leave the room clean. We provide a garbage cart and large recycling bins to ensure all of the garbage /recycling is removed. Put all garbage bags at the hall entrance and Bronx staff will take out all the garbage to the outdoor bins.
- Wipe down the counters in the kitchen area, and clean any spills. Restore the area to a tidy condition.
- If clean up is not completed by the renter this will be charged to the damage deposit.
- NOTE: Our bartenders and security will take care of sweeping and washing the kitchen floor and foyer. We contract a cleaning company to clean the hall flooring.
Other Important things to know!!
- Compliance with your LGA permit is of the utmost importance! This includes following the instructions provided to you by LGA when you applied for your liquor permit, time of operation of the bar, and serving guests responsibly. As the permit holder we expect you to fully understand your license and adhere to all requirements including:
- Provide a stamp or wristband for guests 18+. Our bartenders and security are trained in Serving it Safe, and will not serve patrons who are over-intoxicated.
- ONly bring in the amount of liquor suggested by the LGA Permit Department based on your preferences and responsible service guidelines. LGA Inspectors monitor events and will focus on public safety issues such as overcapacity, over-service, underage drinking and intoxication. Our bartenders do a liquor count with you at 7:00 pm.
- DO NOT consume any liquor on the Bronx Park premises prior to 8:00 pm. The bar opens at 8:00 pm and closes at 1:00 am. You may consume alcohol only during those times.
- Remember – any permit holder is subject to Investigation by an LGA investigator at any time, without notice. If you are found in violation your social can be shut down, and you will forfeit all fees paid to Bronx Park CC. and possibly your damage deposit. Read and know your permit and Bronx Park policies!